As primary health care providers, doctors of optometry (ODs), take a leading role in patient care with respect to eye and vision care as well as general health and well-being. Optometrists can diagnose, treat, and manage diseases, disorders, and injuries of the eye and related structure, as well as address systemic conditions that can affect the eyes.
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and any co-management with external healthcare professionals as needed.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests; provide additional treatment as necessary.
- Prescribe and fit glasses, contact lenses and other visual aids.
- Perform comprehensive eye examinations using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, focus and coordination.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and engagement in all patient interactions.
- Evaluate patients’ health condition within the full vision center scope of service to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment in accordance with optometry scope and practice per state board.
- Assists vision center staff on best practices and procedures; ensuring adherence to state, local and federal healthcare regulations and Walmart vision center guidelines.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greenwood, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A